My research tends to lie in the fields of optimization (especially combinatorial optimization and stochastic optimization), statistics and data science. I am interested in both foundational theoretical research and applied research. The application area that I have most experience with is air traffic management.
More specific topics that I have studied or am currently studying include the following:
- Polyhedral properties of stochastic network flow problems.
- Properties of greedy algorithms for dynamic assignment problems.
- Statistics and Data Science:
- Fitting models to predict uncertain values in stochastic linear programs.
- Summarizing data with a representative set of regions.
- Air Traffic Management:
- Auction design for allocating slots at an airport.
- Polyhedral properties of stochastic integer program models for air traffic management initiative planning.
- Predicting the performance of air traffic management initiatives.